Tuesday, March 26, 2013

up, down, whatever..

It's been a bit of a rough week for me. Ate a few too many naughty foods and carbs, and with most of the weight I lost being water weight, I have no idea what to believe, weight number wise. Of course, eating healthy and being healthy isn't all about scale numbers, so I try not to fret too much. Ye olde bathroom digital scale this morning said I weighed 214 naked, and the wii fit said this afternoon I weighed 208, and that included a -2 pound thingy for my clothes. Part of this is why I want to buy a new scale, but that's another daunting task these days. Seems everything has got some new gadget or monitor or what not, which is why I'm waiting to buy a new scale. Plus, the old one does work, I just wonder about its accuracy.

Like I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I've broken out the wii fit again. When I put in the new "wii fit plus" program I got Sunday, it was so kind to tell me that we had owned the wii fit for 3 years, and the last time I logged in was over a year ago. Oops. Anyway, I've been doing about 20 minutes or so of that the last two days. I like the variety of the programs, and the fact that I can do it in the privacy of my son's room and only look stupid to me. Hopefully it'll help. It can't hurt.

I know that I have a lot of weight to lose. I try not to dwell on it too much, because then I overthink things, and usually talk myself down instead of up. But when I hear that an appropriate weight for my height and not be considered "overweight" is 150 pounds, realizing I have 58 pounds to go is, yes, hard to think about. But as I constantly have to remind myself, losing weight is a marathon not a sprint, and the weight went on slowly, so it'll come off slowly. I just have to keep plugging along, making good food choices and exercising. Not always fun, but necessary.

I do notice changes. I feel a little slimmer. My clothes fit better. No articles have fallen off (yet) but I notice when I go for my daily walks that it seems, well, easier. Not that I'm suddenly going to start running marathons, but I can walk a little bit faster now.

Now after a morning of cleaning and exercising, I'm going to take the afternoon off, and I see some Epic Mickey in my future, because I have the house to myself and a decent wii remote.

Til later, loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment