Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New year, new goal. Well. Sort of.

Ah, yes. A new year means new resolutions, or making the same ones over and over. At any rate, the new year is a good time to start the weight loss healthy living stuff again. And I deliberately didn't make a post right on New Year's Day so I'd have some time to get going and maybe have some progress.

And yes, I do have some. I've lost 2 pounds since last week (down to 215), and while I haven't taken any other measurements as of late because I can't find the tape measure (again) I know I feel slimmer, at least a bit in my hips and maybe my gut. It's progress and I'll take it. It motivates me.

Also, on another bit of good news, I've managed to quit pop/soda and caffeine. I haven't had any caffeinated pop in 4 days, which is progress. I cut back and then managed to cut it out entirely. It wasn't easy, though. New Year's eve and day I had migraines and was sick like no one's business, and then I had digestive issues and spent most of the first three days of 2014 in bed. But I'm feeling better, and I'm determined to stick with it. I drink a lot of water, and sometimes I drink kool aid and lemonade, but not too much as I don't need all the extra sugar. I'm also cutting back on alcohol. Not that I think I drink a lot, but still, that can be a lot of empty calories a night.

Haven't gotten around to actually exercising yet. In my sort of defense, my husband just went back to work Monday after a two week vacation, and my son went back to school today after a delay yesterday for the extreme cold. The inclement weather is also why I haven't went on a walk lately. On Monday the high temp here was -12 F, which wasn't fit for exercise for man or beast. Maybe I'll get some exercise in later, after I eat more and get some more chores done.

And today you get pictures! The first one is of me today. Not the best quality, but when you're asking an autistic almost 8 year old to take your picture, you take what you can get.
And I won't post this picture all the time, but this is my "goal picture": This is me in June of 2001, at my best friend's wedding.
And the funny thing is, I thought I was fat there. (I've had weight issues for a long time). That dress is a size 12, which most people would still think of as plus size. Which I would love to get into now. I still have that dress, mostly so I can maybe fit into it again. By the way, my weight there (and my goal weight) is 160. So.. 55 pounds to go. Eventually.

Now that I've gotten a blog post typed up, I'd better get offline and get some stuff done. Also, as an aside, my "i" key doesn't want to work right today, I tried to watch what I typed, but if you notice anything weird, that's probably why.)

Til next time, loves.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, bb. Cutting out the soda and any excess sugar is a HUGE step -- even cutting out one soda a day cuts out at least 200 calories daily. Depending on how many calories you intake, that can be a significant amount. I use this website: http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/ to keep track of my calorie intake (not obsessively; just to keep an eye on the crap that I eat because I tend to snack when bored) and also it has a calculator that takes into consideration your current weight and height, your general exercise/activity level, and your weight loss goals, and gives you your ideal daily calorie goal. Mine is somewhere between 1300-1600/day so as you can see, one soda is a HUGE chunk of the daily food consumption.

    Hopefully you can cut out kool-aid and juice as well. Isn't it insane how terrible you feel as you detox from all that caffeine and sugar?

    (No suggestions on the exercise front; I'm terrible at that myself plus I have no idea what people do when the weather is awful for two seasons out of four)

    BUT ANYWAY, YOU ARE ON TRACK! GO, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete