Monday, November 11, 2013

And I'm back again..and still paddling along..

So, uh.. hi. I'm back again. And as usual, I'm still trying to lose weight/exercise/be healthier overall. So I'm trying again. Why the renewed resolve? Well, there's a few things.
1. I went to a friend's wedding two and a half weeks ago. And trying to find something "nice" to wear when you're a fat chick is hard. And depressing.
2.  I turned 35 last week. And for some reason, that gave me a bigger internal midlife crisis than when I turned 30. Realized that I really need to get my act together.
3.  I'm just really tired of being overweight and out of shape. To be blunt, I don't want to die because of weight caused problems, such as heart disease and such. And you'd think I would know better earlier, since both of my parents died of heart related problems.

Anyway, I'm trying again. I choose today because it's Monday, and the beginning of a new week, and it's a good day to start my 3 day a week phone running app. It's also Veteran's/Remembrance Day, and my dad and grandfather were both war veterans, so it's always an important day for me. So if I ever have to think back to when I started, I can say, Veteran's Day, because I am horrendously forgetful.

So I said way back when that I wanted to do the couch to 5K program. Now that I have a new phone that works decently, I found an app for it. And I did the first workout today! I really felt like an idiot jogging because I'm fat and somewhat self conscious running, but I kept going. I also run in the neighborhood where I live (a manufactured home community) so while it's still streets and houses, it's not going through a really public area, which I like better. Really I'm just making lots of big laps.. Anyway, I feel good now that I've accomplished the first day, but I know I'll be really sore tomorrow. But I seemed to stand a little straighter on my cool down, like, "oh, yeah, I ran. I've got this..." I know that eventually it'll be less jogging and more running, and a longer distance to get me up to 3 miles, but hey, one day at a time. What sucks: I found after doing some research that my "free" app is only good for the first 2 weeks of the nine week program, but it's only a little under two dollars to upgrade. I'll just have to buy some prepaid credit for my phone soon. (I can always use the rest to buy upgrades for my Simpsons phone game. But that's another story. :) And thankfully today I got home just as it was starting to rain/snow. That's supposed to stop, but it's supposed to be unseasonably cold. Ah, winter in Iowa. I'm a little worried as to how well I'll be able to run as winter approaches. I don't have any where to run distances indoors unless I join the Y, and I'm waiting until after tax season to do that, as I maybe can get a discounted rate. But the only indoor track the Y has is a branch about 5 miles away, and if I don't want to run in the bad weather I sure don't want to drive in it. I'm also leery about running outside as I fell on the ice one winter and messed up my arm, so that's not exactly something I want to repeat. I'll just have to see. Maybe I could use the local Y and use a treadmill. I'll cross that bridge later. (Sooner if I can find my copy of last year's tax forms..)

Well, I was going to post a picture of me today as kind of a "before" picture, but I didn't like it because of my ratty sweatshirt, so I'll see if I can get a picture taken tomorrow to post next week. But since I'm brutally honest about my weight/size/etc, here's my stats this week.

Weight: 221 pounds
Bust: 46 inches
Thighs: 23 inches
hips: 52.5 inches
Waist: 47.25 inches
BMI: 34.6

And so, onward. Til next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment